Festivals and Events
- The best time to visit Seattle to avoid the rain (maybe)
5 min read • Jun 28, 2023
Seattle has a vibrant cultural scene, top-tier attractions and incredible outdoor spaces. Forget the rain, there's no bad time to visit the Emerald City.
- The best Fourth of July celebrations around the USA
8 min read • Jun 28, 2023
The Fourth of July is one of America's most festive holiday. Here are the best places to celebrate.
- A reason to visit Scotland's Isle of Coll: a pop-up nightclub on a dark-sky island
4 min read • Jun 3, 2023
DJ decks and disco balls will land on the remote Isle of Coll this September. Packing list: dancing shoes, whisky, waterproof boots and binoculars.
- How to yacht like a celebrity in the south of France (on a budget)
6 min read • May 24, 2023
The Cannes Film Festival may be best known as the glitzy setting where Hollywood’s biggest names unveil their latest projects, but for every red carpet…
- Traveling to London for the royal coronation? Here's what you need to know
6 min read • May 5, 2023
A royal coronation only happens once in a generation – or a lifetime. Here’s all you need to know about King Charles III’s big to-do on May 6, 2023.
- When to visit Kenya for wildlife, diving and festivals
9 min read • Apr 11, 2023
From the Great Migration to the best time for divers, this guide will help you decide when to go to Kenya.
- The best time to visit Cuba: a seasonal guide to the Caribbean's biggest island
4 min read • Apr 6, 2023
Known as the no-winter island, Cuba cycles through mild to warm to baking hot weather with the changing seasons. Here are the best times to visit.
- Planning on visiting Spain for Semana Santa? Here’s all you need to know
6 min read • Mar 14, 2023
The week leading up to Easter brings parades, solemn observances, music and more, all over Spain. Here’s what need to know about visiting for Semana Santa.
- Time your trip right: the best time to visit New Orleans
6 min read • Mar 13, 2023
New Orleans manufactures good times in overdrive, but you probably want to arrive at the fun factory when the weather is pleasant.
- The very best music festivals in Great Britain this summer
13 min read • Mar 10, 2023
It's time to get your tickets for a summer of music, costumes, artists, theatrics, fairground rides and DJs at Great Britain's best 2023 festivals.
- Why the Caribbean island of Montserrat celebrates St Patrick's Day
8 min read • Mar 7, 2023
St Patrick’s Festival is a 10-day event full of music, revelry and rum, celebrating Afro-Caribbean and Irish heritage on the island of Montserrat.
- A handy guide to Glastonbury 2023: survival tips from someone who's done it
6 min read • Mar 3, 2023
Arctic Monkeys, Elton John, Lana Del Rey and many more: your Glastonbury 2023 guide.
- 10 places to see cherry blossoms in the US in 2023
6 min read • Feb 28, 2023
You don’t have to fly all the way to Japan to see splendid cherry blossoms. Here are the 10 best places to see these flowering trees in the US this year.